- Announced in April 2016
- Ground breaking ceremony took place in October 2016.
- Designed by Santiago Calatrava
- Exact height is not yet known and will not be disclosed by the Developer; it will however be taller than the Burj Khalifa.
- It will have a 360 degree viewing deck
- Will be completed before Expo 2020 opens
- The Tower's design is inspired by a lily and a Minaret
- Project valued at $1 billion (USD)
- Will have the world's highest observation deck
The purpose of The Tower
- The Tower will not have a commercial or residential purpose; rather, it is to Dubai what the Eiffel Tower is to Paris (which incidentally was also built to celebrate the World Expo in 1900.)
- In addition, The Tower has helped put the Dubai Creek Harbour development on the world map, giving it regional and International attention.
- The Tower has also made the overall real estate around it much more valuable.