- In 2013 it was announced that the the large area previously known as The Lagoons and that had been put-on-hold following the 2009 financial crisis was going to be redeveloped as a joint venture between Emaar and Dubai Holding. The master-community was re-branded as Dubai Creek Harbour.
- In October 2014, Emaar announced the first project within Dubai Creek Harbour called Dubai Creek Residences. The Dubai Creek Residences are part of the Island District.
- This project has what is probably the best location of the entire master-development, situated right on the creek itself.
- There are a total of 6 towers, two of which are 40 storeys tall and will contain 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units with sizes ranging from 880 - 2,154 q. ft.
- The project was sold out over a 3 month period with sales events held in Dubai, Abu Dhabhi, London and Moscow.
- Initial launch prices ranged from AED 1400 - 1700 per sq. ft.
Project Completion Status (as per DLD): 65.89% (as of Feb 10, 2018)
Dubai Land Classification & Escrow Account Details:
Land Number: 113
Project Number: 1597
Real Estate Developer: Emaar Properties
Trust Account Number: 00110575430019
Account Trustee Name: Noor Bank
RERA Permit No : 15128
Brokerage Firm: Taktical Realty Group LLC