Please note: Dubai Sports City is one of the 60 major communities in freehold Dubai where Lookup.ae reports quarterly prices. We track average transaction prices for studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and this data can be viewed in more detail under this section's Transaction Prices and Historic Data sections.
Dubai Sports City is a 4.6 million sq. ft. freehold development located on Mohammad Bin Zayed Road. The project consists of mid-rise apartment buildings, villas and several sports facilities including a golf course and a cricket stadium.
Dubai Sports City was one of the most actively transacted apartment communities in 2007 & 2008 and prices for apartments eventually reached between AED 1200 - 1400 psf. Investors saw a lot of value in the apartment projects which were being launched mainly by developers from Southwest Asia (Pakistan, India). At the end of 2008, after the market crash, the majority of projects were put on hold. Between 2009 - 2011, there was very little construction or transaction activity in this area. In 2012, many stalled projects were revived and starting from late 2012 (when prices were as low as AED 500 - 600 psf) there has been consistent capital growth and new project launches.
Dubai Sports City is considered to be a real estate hotspot. There is a concentration of under-construction projects all mainly competing to attract mid-end buyers & investors with budgets ranging from AED 500,000 - 1.2 million.
The infrastructure of this community continues to evolve. It is now well connected to Dubai through two major entrances. The sporting infrastructure is still maturing and over 5 - 7 years may be fit to hold major regional or global mega events.
- Cricket Stadium: 25,000 seater stadium which was completed in 2009 and regularly hosts international matches and concerts.
- Multipurpose Outdoor stadium: construction has not yet commenced. Planned to have a capacity of 60,000 and will host football, rugby, track & field events.
- A rugby sports park and indoor stadium are also planned to be built
- 18 hole Ernie Ells designed golf-course
- DSC also has several sports academies for cricket, swimming, rugby, football, tennis and golf
- The International Cricket Council which governs the sport is located in DSC
Villa & Townhouse Market
There are currently 3 villa/townhouse communities:
- Victory Heights: total of 961 villas & townhouses built along an Ernie Ells designed golf course. This project is handed over. A small townhouse enclave called Fortuna village is currently under-construction and scheduled for delivery in 2017.
- Gallery Villas: contains 3 & 5 bedroom villas & townhouses. Handed over
- Prime Villas: a project by Prescott which was announced in 2013. This small project contains 41 villas and townhouses and will be delivered in Q1 2016
- Bloomingdale:contains 72 townhouses, is currently under-construction and will be delivered in 2016.
There are approximately 160 building plots in Dubai Sports City - the majority of which are for residential and allow for mid-rise construction. As of Q2 2015, there are 28 residential buildings that are completed and 30 residential buildings that are in various stages of construction. As of Q2 2015, there are about 5,000 ready apartments and another 8,300 that are under-construction (this is supply that will be delivered between 2015 - 2018).
Commercial & Hospitality Developments
There is one ready office building in Dubai Sports City as of Q2 2015 - The Bridge developed by The First Group. Standpoint Towers (under-construction as of Q2 2015) will also have limited office space. One hotel is in an advanced stage of construction - the Coral International.
Triplanet: have delivered 6 projects while another 4 are under-construction.
The First Group: have delivered four high-end projects in the community.
Falak Properties: have delivered 6 projects and one is under-construction.
GGICO: have delivered four projects and two are under-construction.
Dubai Sports City: as the master-developer, DSC has launched Victory Heights and the Canal Residences, which are a group of 3 residential buildings.
About Sports City Pricing on Lookup.ae
Important information about the prices we report in this community, please note:
1. In the Transaction Prices and Historic Data Tabs above, you can access price data for Sports City including sale prices, rental prices, rental yields, growth rates, historic prices etc. These are reported as an average for the entire community.
2. Transaction records for individual buildings can be accessed in the Dubai Land Daily Transactions Tab.
3. Investment Guides of this section will only report an interesting trend or a new project launch. These are updated only periodically. If you think that there is something we should be reporting on, please contact us.
4. Quality. While some buildings might have slightly better qualities than others - in general, almost all of the buildings in this community are classified as mid-end quality.
5. Prices we are reporting are for both ready and off-plan. However, the stages of the project dictates the price. Buildings only 20% constructed (and there are many of them), have the lowest price range. Among ready buildings, some projects have achieved a better brand in the community and thus command prices in the higher-end of the range we provide. Examples as of Q2 2015 include projects done by The First Group and the Elite Residences.
6. Prices for Victory Heights are reported independently every quarter. Please visit the Victory Heights section for more information.