With so many real estate developments being announced in Dubai, Sustainable City is truly one of the ones coming out with a unique concept and catching a very important trend in worldwide development – environmentally friendly communities. This is a project of Diamond Developers. A total of 500 townhouses in the master-plan.
- All 500 villa owners will be partners in the retail and office block. The rent generated from here will be divided into shares and given to residents. Each share will cover the cost of maintenance and extras will be profit
- No service fees. Each villa owner gets a golf court to use to drive through the community
- 3 km biking track
- 20,000 trees, 5000 sq. ft. long canal and tourist minaret to view the city
- 20% of construction material is eco-friendly. 60% of the project is landscaped
- Solar farms will cover 600,000 sq. ft. while 50% of the cooling energy
- Other plans are for the launch of an Institute of Ecological Engineering, a museum and a planetarium
- Grey and waste water will be used to irrigate plants across the city
Property Types in the community
The community has 3 major property types as below. These are large spacious homes.
- There are five types of 3 Bedroom Townhouses called 'Cluster Homes'
- The community also has 4 Bedroom Townhouses
- Sustinable City has a limited number of 4 Bedoom Independent Villas which are called Garden Homes.
As of October 2018, the Sustainable City announced that it has reached 99% occupancy. It is home to 2,700 people from 64 different nationalities. A recent press release also highlighted that the community's sustainability initiatives helped avoid 6,741 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions.