Please note: This section reports on Al Furjan, the master-community which consists of several sub-communities (this section will be updated following any new project announcements). Al Furjan master-community is one of the 60 major communities in freehold Dubai where Lookup.ae reports quarterly prices and other vital stats. We track prices of Nakheel villas & townhouses, residential plots and provide transaction price ranges for the apartment developments within Al Furjan. This data can be viewed in more detail under this section's Transaction Prices and Historic Data sections.
- Master developer is Nakheel. Al Furjan is a master community located opposite of Discovery Gardens with frontage on Mohammad Bin Zayed Road and Jebel Ali Road. The main access is currently through Sheikh Zayed Road with a smaller second private entrance opened in late 2014 to give access to Nakheel's Villas & Townhouses from Jebel Ali Road.
- Launched in 2007; main component was Nakheel Villas & Townhouses. Following real estate crash in 2008/2009 - the project was put on hold. Starting in 2011, construction recommenced in the Quortaj and Dubai phases of Al Furjan and these two enclaves comprising of about 700+ villas and townhouses were delivered in 2013.
- Area considered to be a real estate hotspot. Lots of potential for future growth for a number of reasons including proximity off Sheikh Zayed Road, Metro-line extension, raw land available for development (rare for any area off Sheikh Zayed Road).
Real Estate Projects in Al Furjan
1. Nakheel Villas & Townhouses
The first major development announced in Al Furjan's master community was Nakheel's own Villas &Townhouse community. In 2007, Nakheel announced 3 phases called Quortaj, Dubai and Hijaz. This project stalled after the market down-turn in 2009. Construction recommenced in 2011. In 2013, Nakheel began delivering Phase 1 of the project which consists of 821 villas and townhouses in the Quorjat and Dubai phases. All properties were delivered by 2013.
2. Nakheel Villas & Townhouses Phase II
In 2013, Nakheel announced its Phase 2 which is directly opposite the Quortaj and Dubai phases. This phase, currently under-construction, consists of 146 four bedroom villas and 233 three bedroom townhouses.
3. Masakin Al Furjan
Low-rise, gated community featuring six buildings consisting of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
4. Dreamz by Danube
Much publicized development by Danube Properties featuring 3 & 4 bedroom townhouses. Currently under-construction.
5. Azizi's projects
Several mid-rise buildings consisting of furnished & unfurnished 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Deliveries will take place through 2016 & 2017.
6. Avenue Residences
Avenue Residence 1 is completed while Avenue Residence 2 is under-construction. Features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
7. Nakheel G+1 Residential Plots
Ground plus one residential plots. In this project Nakheel has sold land to investors who, upon completion of infrastructure work will be able to build their own houses. Development of this sector is underway and plots are expected to be handed over to owners by late 2016 or 2017.
8. Ritz by Danube
Launched in December of 2015, this project features 2 fifteen storey residential buildings offering fully furnished studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Completion scheduled for June 2018.
- In April 2014, Nakheel announced its plans to develop a shopping mall in Jumeirah Village Triangle. According to press releases, this will be a 1 million sq. ft. retail destination featuring a 15 screen cinema, 80,000 sq. ft. hypermarket and an entertainment area, a department store and a selection of retailes, restaurants and cafes. This mall will serve Jumeirah Park, Al Furjan and other nearby communities.
- RTA is expected to open two new access points which will greatly enhance Al Furjan’s location – giving it quick access to Mohammad bin Zayed Road and Jebel Ali Road. This will improve accessibility for home-owners and also strategically improve Furjan’s location being close to the new airport, DIP and Jebel Ali Freezone.
- In 2014, Nakheel opened up a small retail center to cater to residents of Al Furjan and Discovery Gardens
- In 2015, the RTA has confirmed that the Metro-line extension that will connect Dubai to the Expo 2020 site will run in between Discovery Gardens and Al Furjan.
Dubai Land Classification Details:
Land Number: 3433
Project Number: 1283
RERA Permit No : 15128
Brokerage Firm: Taktical Realty Group LLC