- Announced in 2004; part of Dubailand
- Initial master-plan was for 25 million sq. ft. and would include a theme-park as well as residential components.
- Work commenced in 2005 after Tanmiyat acquired the project rights from Bahrain based Gulf Finance House.
- The scope of the project was revised drastically following the 2009 financial crisis. Living Legends now refers to the 500 villas and 12 mid-rise apartmnent blocks built around a 9 hole golf-course. Project size also revised down to 14.4 million sq. ft.
- Expect a number of handovers to take place in Living Legends through 2017.
- Future plans for the community include: Medical clinic, shopping center, boutique hotel, a nursery & kindergarten, school and mosque.
- 500 villas in total; 4 & 5 bedroom options
- Four types of villas: Type A, B, C and D
- Type D villas: 4 bed + Maids, built up area (BUA) of 2,800 sq. ft.
- Type C villas: 4 bed + Maids, BUA of 3,600 sq. ft.
- Type B villas: 5 bed + Maids, BUA of 4,400 sq. ft.
- Type A villas: 5 bed + Maids, BUA of 6,500 sq. ft.
- 12 apartment blocks; tyically 15 storeys tall
- All blocks have similar height, layouts. - All consist of Studio, 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments
- The 2 'middle' plots are reserved for the Skyline Towers which are 34 storeys tall
- Studio apartments have sizes ranging from 530 - 710 sq. ft.
- 1 Beds have sizes ranging from 710 - 1246 sq. ft.
- 2 Beds have sizes ranging from 1100 - 1642 sq. ft.
- 3 Beds have a standarad size of 1,875 sq. ft.
- Handful of 4 bed penthouses with size of 4,000 sq. ft.