Please note: Jumeirah Village Triangle is one of the 60 major communities in freehold Dubai where Lookup.ae reports quarterly prices. We track performance of villas & townhouses by Nakheel and also report on apartment transaction activity. This data can be viewed in more detail under this section's Transaction Prices and Historic Data sections.
General Guide for Villas & Townhouses in JVT
- Jumeirah Village Triangle consists mainly of 2 Bedroom Villas and 1 & 2 bedroom townhouses which are developed by Nakheel themselves and all were completed in 2012.
- The community is divided into 9 districts of varying sizes. Prices in JVT are pretty much determined by the distance from the property to the high tension power cables. The rule of thumb is that the further away from the power cables – the higher the price demanded. A detailed map and picture can be found in the Pictures and Downloads section.
- There are a total of about 1,000 2 bedroom villas and a mix of 500 one and two bedroom townhouses
- The 2 Bedroom villas all have a standard built up area of 2,690 sq. ft. and plot sizes range from 6,500 - 8,000 sq. ft. In 2012, Nakheel began allowing villa modifications. Since that time, many villa owners have extended their villas and converted them into 3, 4, 5 and even 6 bedroom villas. Villa owners interested in extending their properties have to get permission from Nakheel's Engineering Division and pay a cost for approvals. Modification work is done by private contracting companies.
- The 2 Bedroom Townhouses are actually larger than the villas - built up areas of 2,995 sq. ft. and can easily be converted into a 3 bedroom unit
- The 1 Bedroom townhouses have a built up area of 1,690 sq. ft. and are ideal for bachelors or very small families
- The below map shows the various districts within JVT::
General Guide for Apartments in JVT
- JVT is predominantly known for the villas and townhouses in this community built by Nakheel.
- However on the periphery of the community, Nakheel, the master-developer of Jumeirah Village Triangle, have sold G+4, G+8 plots and other plots with higher zoning permissions (see map above, the yellow & purple plots on the periphery of JVT are plots for building construction). A very few buildings have been delivered in JVT as of Oct 2016, notable projects include Imperial Residence and Damac's Green Park. There are also quite a few under-construction projects.
- JVT's attraction to developers has increased because of the upcoming mall, the mature state of the overall community and great connectivity through main Al Khail Road and Mohammad bin Zayed Road
- Most of the ready and future supply will fall in the mid-end range.
Infrastructure, Amenities & Other Developments
- There are currently 3 main entrance/exit points to the community: from Al Khail Road, from Mohammad bin Zayed Road and from an internal road that connects JVT to Jumeirah Park, Meadows & Springs.
- Retail in the community is currently limited to a handful of shops located on the ground levels of the existing apartment buildings. With further G+4, G+8 buildings under construction in the community, we expect more retail facilities in the future. At present, most residents rely on the Jumeirah Park Pavilion and Town Centers in Meadows & Springs, all located a short drive away. The closest mall is the City Center in IMPZ.
- JVT has a number of parks, basketball courts, tennis courts and children play areas
- In April 2014, Nakheel announced its plans to develop a shopping mall in Jumeirah Village Triangle. According to initial reports, this will be a 1 million sq. ft. retail destination featuring a 15 screen cinema, 80,000 sq. ft. hypermarket and an entertainment area, a department store and a selection of retailes, restaurants and cafes. This mall will serve Jumeirah Park, Al Furjan and other nearby communities. In August 2014, Nakheel announced they have appointed Dar Al Handasah to design the 2 million sq. ft mall in JVT.
- In January 2015, Nakheel released details of the upcoming mall in JVT called Al Khail Mall. This project is located near District 6 & 7 of JVT along Al Khail Road. The mall will cover 2 million sq. ft., with 1.5 million sq. ft. of leasable space. There are 350 retail units planned, and the mall will accommodate 4,400 cars. The mall's brochure can be found in the downloads section of JVT.
- A school is currently under-construction in District 4 of JVT